How long have you worked at Westec Plastics?
Since February 2012.
What does your typical day look like?
- Start off reading my emails from overseas toolmaking vendors.
- Discuss any tooling issues with Travis Meeks, our VP of tooling
- Discuss any quotation or technical needs with our sales dept.
- Based on those discussions, I prioritize my day.
- Then, I go through answering overseas emails, which I send at the end of the day.
- Complete any tooling quote requests for overseas tooling vendors.
- Complete quote information for our sales department, so they have the necessary information to complete the quote.
- Review tool designs from our tooling vendors if there are any that day.
- There are many miscellaneous tasks such as moldflows, tooling progress reports to our vendors, etc., that don’t occur every day.
How has your career grown since starting at Westec?
I have learned new molding and mold maker ideas and techniques that were not previously part of my experience. Due to the varied industries and projects at Westec, this makes my job very challenging and interesting.
What is your favorite part about Westec?
My favorite part is working with the Westec Team. Everyone on our team is qualified and knowledgeable in their jobs. Everyone supports and respects each other. They are all fun to work with, and we all have a good sense of humor that we manage to keep even during busy periods.
Outside of work, what are some of your hobbies/passions?
- Playing guitar
- Playing tennis
Do you have a favorite travel spot?
How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?
Why would you do that?
What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you?
I didn’t watch many movies when I was a kid. But watching the movie ALIEN when I was 27 scared the hell out of me.
If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
Crows, they always seem mad.
Toilet paper, over or under?
Over, but I can live with it being under.
What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?
Dancing, or maybe that’s just me.
What is the funniest joke you know by heart?
I can’t put that in writing, or I would get in trouble.
What are the unwritten rules of where you work?
What’s a pet peeve that you would make illegal if you could?