Since 1969, Westec Plastics Corporation has set the standard for the custom plastic injection molding industry. We specialize in tight tolerance mold manufacturing and production. Quality and customer service are our top priority and 100% customer satisfaction is our goal.
Westec’s engineering design team can take your project from concept to design by supporting customers with design for manufacturability and mold flow analysis. Westec has a full-service tool room that can assist you with mold design, prototypes, and mold manufacturing.
Our 20 state-of-the-art injection molding machines range in size from 39 to 610 tons which are all integrated into our Real Time Monitoring System. This allows Westec to track mold performance and efficiency during production. ISO Class 8 clean room facilities are also available for medical and other applications that require an extra degree of cleanliness.
Recent Company Milestones:
2020 Plans and Goals
- Extending our building by 9,200 sq/ft the 1st quarter 2020 bringing our total facility square footage up to 46,080
- Remodeling 2nd Ops to include open space and additional clean room capabilities
- Remodeling warehouse into new space
- Two-shot molding capabilities planned for 2nd quarter 2020
- Cobots, automation, and additional robots planned for 2020
2019 Improvements & Additions
- Added Class 7 clean room capabilities for secondary operations
- Purchased a Keyence IM-7030T Instant Measurement System
- Invested in a Branson Mini II Linear Vibration Welding Machine
- Added a Branson 2000Xdt 15KhZ, 2200 W Ultrasonic Welder
- Procured Minilase XL Laser Engraver
- Obtained a KP08 Cupslide Pad Printer with extended pad reach for larger projects
- Increased our Class 8 molding clean room to 989 sq/ft including a full gowning room
2018 Improvements & Additions
- Achieved ISO 13485:2016 certification
- Procured custom built roll printer for tight tolerance pad printing
- Purchased an Arburg molding machine (88T)
Prior Year Accomplishments
- 2017 – Purchased a 6-color pad printing machine
- 2016 – Invested in two molding machines (610T Milacron, 110T Milacron)
- 2016 – Installed an ISO Class 6 secondary operations clean room
- 2016 – Added a Mitutoyo CMM and Starrett Optical Comparator
- 2015 –Invested in an electric Sumitomo injection molding machine (385T)
- 2014 – Purchased a local competitor in a strategic acquisition
- 2014 – Expanded our in-house tool room with a Makino F3 Vertical Machining Center and an Agie Charmilles FORM 20 EDM
- 2014 – Invested in four injection molding machines. Two hydraulic Van Dorn machines (85T & 170T) and two electric Sumitomo machines (both 198T).
- 2012 – Added an additional 14,000 sq/ft of manufacturing and warehouse
- 2000 – Original Registration ISO 9001 October 17,2000
- 1997 – Westec Plastics relocated from San Jose to Livermore, California.